Breast milk – optimal nutrition for baby
At SMA® Nutrition we are actively committed to supporting breastfeeding as the primary source of infant nutrition. Through our many years of clinical research and engagement with healthcare professionals we recognise the public health benefits of increasing breastfeeding rates. For mums and babies, this is the very best way of feeding.
This section contains a number of resources to help you support mums to breastfeed – including guides for breastfeeding mums and helpsheets for you to share with mums on a range of useful topics such as breastfeeding positions.
- Breast milk provides the nutrients and protein needed for healthy growth and development
- Protein reduces the risk of allergies and obesity
- Supports the gastrointestinal and immune systems
- Breast milk provides the protein needed for the baby’s early growth and development
- This protein can help promote better health outcomes, later in life
- Visit: smamums.co.uk for more information